Launch: March 13, 2014 Role: Lead Project Manager Agency: Threshold Interactive
Wanting to create something impossibly fun and totally sharable, Butterfinger and Threshold worked directly with Facebook to create this spring campaign. We landed on the idea of having strange and mythical creatures infusing a plain boring peanut butter cup with the awesomeness of Butterfinger, which we knew would be bound to spark fans' desire to share with their friends.
We teamed up with a very talented animation production studio to bring the creative ideas to life. Our internal creative department lead the creative direction, but worked closely with Facebook and the animation production studio for the final outcome. With dinosaurs and sloths as the stars of our videos and the incredible collaboration between all parties, this was the most fun I ever had managing a project.
In between deciding what magical powers our sloths would have and what kind of dog should ride on the back of our unicorn, I did manage the production of this project. Here are the tasks that I was responsible for throughout the project:
- Facilitated communication between multiple stakeholders, including approvals and feedback
- Managed relationship with and wrote contracts for animation production company
- Managed licenses and usage rights of image and music assets
- Wrote statement of work for project
- Managed post-production editing and creative feedback from our internal team and client
- Estimated and tracked the budget